2020 Ford Endeavour arrives in BS-VI
India: Ford India today introduced the 2020 Endeavour - with a new 2.0-litre EcoBlue engine & world’s first 10 Speed-Automatic Transmission – at an introductory price starting from INR 29.55 Lakh.
Delivering a potent mix of unmatched off-roading capabilities, surprisingly affordable service cost and up to 14% improvement in fuel efficiency, the 2020 Ford Endeavour will set a new benchmark for premium SUVs in India.
The introductory prices of 2020 Endeavour will only be valid till April 30, 2020, post which the ex-showroom prices will see an upward revision of INR 70,000. All customers who book their cars until April 30 will benefit from the attractive introductory price.
“Endeavour is one of the most loved SUVs in India and was the only vehicle in its segment to beat an industry slowdown & grow both volumes, as well market share, in 2019,” said Anurag Mehrotra, president & managing director, Ford India.
“With 2020 Endeavour, we are offering a product that combines best of both worlds – outstanding capabilities & class-leading fuel efficiency – and thereby delivering more than SUV customers expect. With its enhanced value proposition, we are confident that the Endeavour will become the SUV of choice for several new customers.”
Diesel Game Changer
ALL-NEW FORD 2.0-litre ECO BLUE ENGINE
At the heart of the 2020 Ford Endeavour sits an advanced New 2.0L EcoBlue diesel engine, that delivers an unrivalled package of fuel efficiency, performance and refinement.
The Bharat Stage VI compliant engine will be more fuel-efficient, with reduced emissions. The EcoBlue engine continues the legacy of Endeavour’s benchmark fun-to-drive credentials, delivering 170 PS peak power and 420 Nm peak torque.
The EcoBlue engine with 4X2 driveline will return segment-best 13.90 Kmpl while 4X4 variant will deliver an outstanding fuel efficiency of 12.4 Kmpl, benefiting customers with up to 14% improvement in fuel efficiency.
10-Speed Automatic Transmission with SelectShift®
2020 Ford Endeavour will also be the only vehicle in India to offer a 10-speed automatic transmission, the first-of-its-kind anywhere in the world, that delivers responsive, faster and facilitates smoother acceleration in all driving conditions. The 10-Speed architecture reduces the gaps in available power & acceleration between gears providing smoother acceleration response.
Progressive Range Select or SelectShift® is another first for the segment in the 2020 Ford Endeavour. The innovative feature gives drivers the ability to lock gears in the desired range to deliver an engaging and more controlled drive experience – especially in challenging driving situations such as slippery roads or steep off-roading conditions.
Apart from the attractive introductory price, the 2020 Endeavour will offer Ford’s globally-renowned mobility and connectivity solution FordPassTM at no additional cost.
Ford Endeavour owners will be able to perform several vehicle operations -- like starting, stopping, locking or unlocking the vehicle, know remaining fuel levels & distance to empty & locating their vehicle– remotely, via the FordPassTM app.
All variants of 2020 Ford Endeavour will come with a factory-fitted, cloud-connected device that will communicate with vehicle owners in real-time via the FordPassTM smartphone application.
DELIVERING THE BEST OF EVERYTHING
The 2020 Endeavour features all-LED headlamps, encased in an all-new contemporary square design lamp cluster. The LED lamps for both low and high-beam provide up to 20% greater lighting penetration for enhanced night-time visibility.
In addition, the BSVI 2020 Ford Endeavour will continue offering impressive design, unmatched off-roading capabilities, outstanding safety & enhanced convenience with:
- First-in-segment Terrain Management System (TMS) with four preset modes – Normal, Snow/Mud/Grass, Sand and Rock – that alter the vehicle’s throttle response, transmission, the four-wheel-drive system and traction control to confidently tackle any situation
- Up to seven airbags, including a driver knee airbag, for all-around safety
- The impressive water-wading capacity of 800 mm along with outstanding ground clearance
- Ford’s renowned voice-enabled, in-car connectivity technology SYNC 3 with 8-inch touchscreen and Apple CarPlay, Google Auto compatibility
- A panoramic sun-roof, covering up to 50% of the roof
- Flexible seating and cargo arrangements – including fold-flat second- and first-in-class power-fold third-row that can hold up to 2,010 litres of cargo
- Semi-Auto Parallel Park Assist, push start button, hand-free power lift rear gate, rear and front parking sensors, rear parking camera, automatic headlamps, automatic wipers, DRLs, dual-zone automatic climate control, 8-way power-adjustable driver & front passenger seat
- Surprisingly affordable with standard 3-year or 100,000 KM factory warranty, and scheduled maintenance cost as low as 73 paise per kilometre*
The 2020 Ford Endeavour will be available in three colours -- Diffused Silver, Diamond White, and Absolute Black.