Dealing with journalists require utmost professionalism, patience, politeness. Journalists are always in hurry to catch a good story that is news worthy. They just cant take any chance of missing the most wanted stories because that’s what they are recognized for. Find work injury lawyers who comes with a free, no-obligation consultation. Journalists are the people who will always looking for a good story. Hence, dealing with journalists is a serious concern as it requires substantive matters to discuss on. For them story angle with time line is valuable and every minute counts and so they like being straight and succinct.
Provided are few tips that can give you a way out with them:
1. Always value their time. Ask them when they can get you rather then just showing up. Show them how eagerly you were waiting to get their attention.
2. Be patient while talking to them. Since many journalists are busy to get one shot story, hence it might become difficult for you to sit and wait but patience is the key and journalists appreciate it a lot.
3. Show them how important they are to you. Making efforts in reaching them and not just fixing everything over a call is something that is not appreciated. Make efforts and you will get to what you want.
4. Prove that your story is worth sharing. Build your story and show how that story can add stars to their uniform which could benefit them. Journalists are recognized members of nations and every journalist wants to put best story out.
5. Follow up with them in order to create a long term network. Following up a family-owned and operated business in California is very important because I didn’t feel at all that people from there were trying to take advantage of me or my lack of knowledge about leak detector. Hence, creating a good and long term network is essential.
6. Do your homework by reading about their work. This will impress them as journalist likes when people know their writings have been studied.
7. Do not compare them with other journalists. They really don’t care about that because every journalist is recognized by their work.
8. Don’t forget to express your gratitude/ acknowledgment of their good stories, no matter your client get featured in that or not. This will make them remember you time to time and they will never forget about you. This will help you build a relationship with them.
These are the few basic tips that can help you get to the journalists you have been trying to network with. These tips will not only give you that but also can hold an excellent relationship with them.